National-Public Administration Portal: -
The eGov Project (2004 - 2011), a USAID-funded project, supporting the country’s e-Government policy, with the main goal of implementing modern e-government solutions of replicable models at national and local levels, to increase the efficiency and transparency of public sector management, open new channels for doing business in an open and secure manner, and enhance communication among government institutions and between government institutions and businesses/citizens (http://www.egov.org.mk/) . E-government applications with a strong interoperability focus indicatively include:
1. ESPP (Electronic System for Public Procurement), serving as an one-stop-shop for public procurement in the FYROM that removes unnecessary paper work, enables secure data flow through the entire procurement process, and improves efficiency and transparency, by streamlining complex procedures (submission, storing, opening and evaluation of the bids) and facilitating interaction between businesses and government institutions (https://www.e-nabavki.gov.mk) [1, 2].
2. EXIM (Single Window for Export/Import Licenses and Tariff Quotas), a 24/7 online application system enabling national companies involved in foreign trade to electronically apply and obtain import, export and transit licenses from fifteen government institutions involved in foreign trade regulation (http://www.exim.gov.mk) [1, 3].
3. Online Registration of Employment, an application that aims at reducing the administrative burden on businesses when registering new or terminated employments, saving time for both employers and state institutions concerned .
4. CEMT (Automated System for the Management of International Cargo Transport Licenses), a web-based solution for electronic application as well as automated data processing and issuance of international transport licenses, reducing the administrative burden on truckers and Ministry of Transport and Communication and increasing transparency (http://dozvoli-mtc.gov.mk) [1, 4].
5. e-Tax (Electronic Tax Service), enabling online submission of corporate tax, using digital signatures authentication, while reducing the administrative burden on the Public Revenue Office (http://etax.ujp.gov.mk/) [1, 5].
6. Electronic Health Registers, aiming to harmonize the previously inconsistent databases and registers of the Ministry of Health and the Health Insurance Fund and improve the accuracy of their data, and provide the necessary platform for further development of e-Health applications [1, 6].
Research & Education Network:
University IT – network project for connecting the Macedonian academic and research network MAPHnet with the regional SEEREN and with GEANT and with the view of connecting as well all state and private universities, primary and high schools .
Environmental Geoportal: -
Marine Data Management Infrastructure: -
Legislation & e-Justice System:
ORGM (Setting up XML standards in Legislative publishing) project, being the continuation of the Official Gazette’s effort in moving toward digital legislation, and aiming at establishing a “de-facto” standard in XML representation of official legislation in FYROM, to enable among others electronic preparation and classification of regulations, XML representation on all regulations, and compatibility of the XML schema with open standards adopted by the EU (http://www.slvesnik.com.mk/) .
LDBIS (Legal DataBase Information System), aiming at creating one unified law database, accessible in the LAN of judiciary institutions in FYROM and offering access to existing legislation and precedent law (http://www.pravda.gov.mk/) .
e-Health System: Already Covered
e-Tax Portal & Infrastructure: Already Covered
Payment of administrative fees by mobile phone (5 July 2011), this new method of payment is quick and easy and can be used by any citizen or student for the charges made by public offices and universities for various services .
Project of the Ministry of Information Society and Administration on the development of an interoperable data exchange system, to connect the state institutions’ registries and databases and speed up and enhance the efficiency of the exchange of data among them, with a pilot implementation phase involving five state institutions, namely the Customs Administration, the Ministry of the Interior, the Central Registry, and the Tax Administration and with a view of being implemented in all government .
Katactap (the electronic land registry system), an initiative intended to provide access for citizens and investors to useful information for real estate properties throughout the entire territory of FYROM, and increase the transparency, safety and speed of real estate properties transactions (http://www.katastar.gov.mk/mk/Default.aspx) .
e-Accounts project, with the goal to perform reengineering of the entire process of submission of annual accounts by companies and provide various e-mechanisms (error notification, status tracking, e-payment of processing fees, digital signing of submissions, integration with other registries etc.) for submission over the internet (http://www.crm.com.mk/) .
N-VIS (National Visa Management System) project, with the aim to modernize the administrative visa issuing process by developing an internet-based solution to connect the Ministry of Foreign Affairs with its diplomatic and consular offices and provide the necessary technical infrastructure (http://www.mfa.gov.mk/) .
Project on the development of an integrated system for personalization of documents, to deliver passport documents with integrated microchips, personal identity cards and driver’s licenses as well as equipment for data acquisition storage, processing and personalization .
National Certification Authority project, to develop the Public Key Infrastructure (PKI) required for digital certificate issuance and the implementation of advanced governmental services .